Researchers at Sophos Labs have found more than 30 iOS applications that should be deleted immediately because they may end up charging users subscriptions that aren't exactly cheap. In fact, we are talking about recurring payments of 30 Euros. In some cases even more. There are also apps that charge this per week. This after an evaluation period of 3 or 7 days. So, if someone continued to pay the subscription per year, without realizing it, they end up spending 360 or 468 Euros. All because of some apps installed on the smartphone.
Strange charges? Delete these apps from your smartphone now!
Most applications are listed as free to download on App Store. However, it makes up for this in the subscription. The researchers revealed in a post published on the Sophos how does this work. So, the person thinks that the app is free and installs it. Then the app asks for payment details. This is because some of the features will only be activated at that time. However, from there the charges begin.
So let's go to the applications that you have to remove if you installed them. And note that it is not too complicated that these apps have just been installed on your iPhone or iPad. Many of them are advertised on Facebook and Instagram.
- Seer App: Face, Horoscope, Palm
- Selfie Art – Photo Editor
- Palmistry Decoder
- Lucky Life – Future Seer
- Life Palmistry – AI Palm & Tag
- Picsjoy-Cartoon Effect Editor
- Aging seer – Faceapp, Horoscope
- Face Aging Scan-AI Age Camera
- Face Reader – Horoscope Secret
- Horoscope Secret
- CIAO – Live Video Chat
- Astro Time & Daily Horoscope
- Video Recorder / Reaction
- Crazy Helium Funny Face Editor
- Banuba: Face Filters & Effects
- QR Code Reader – Scanner
- QR Code Reader & Barcode PRO
- Max Volume Booster
- Face Reading – Horoscope 2020
- Forecast Master 2019
- mSpy Lite Phone Family Tracker
- Fortunescope: Palm Reader 2019
- Zodiac Master Plus – Palm Scan
- WonderKey-Cartoon Avatar Maker
- Avatar Creator – Cartoon Emoji
- iMoji – Cartoon Avatar Emojis
- Life Insight-Palm & Animal Face
- Curiosity Lab-Fun Encyclopedia
- Quick Art: 1-Tap Photo Editor
- Astroline astrology, horoscope
- Celeb Twin – Who you look like
- My Replica – Celebrity Like Me
Thus, if any of these applications are installed on your smartphone, in addition to uninstalling it, you will have to cancel your subscription.
To do this, open the App Store. So touch your name, or at least your icon at the top of the screen, then touch Signatures. Click on the subscription you want to manage and choose “Cancel subscription”. If you do not see this option, it means that the subscription has already been canceled and will not be renewed.
In the meantime, Sophos stresses that users must remain vigilant and carefully review the terms of purchase or ‘subscription’ of applications promoted through in-app ads. Otherwise, they may be in for a big surprise.
We talked about the Apple store here. However, this is transversal to the Google Play Store. So we also have many of these applications doing the same.
Read alsoOr see more Apple news, Specials, Featured
Founder of Leak, he debuted online in 1999 when he created CDRW.co.pt. He took his first steps into the world of technology with the Spectrum 48K and never left computers. It is addicted to mobile phones, tablets and gadgets.